The CSB Lifeway Women’s Bible I’m quite happy with. This Bible has been such a companion as I am studying and reading through the Word of God lately.
Having, never read the CSB translation before I must say I’m a fan of it. It is easy to read and understand without becoming so easily perplexing.
This Bible is packed full of so many amazing features such as character profiles, study and devotional content from Lifeway Woman (Priscilla Shirer, Lynn TerKeurst, and many more), Word Studies, Bible Book introductions, and reading plans, maps, charts, timelines, and a plethora of others.
I like that there are three different-paced length plans to read through the entire text of the Bible. You can choose from 90 days (30 minutes of reading a day with two grace days thrown in), 1 year, or 3 years. I have completed reading the Bible over the span of the year using an APP but am leaning more toward just using my physical Bible to free myself from any distractions that can come with being “connected” and on a screen for longer periods of time.
The scripture is in just one column in the middle of the pages instead of several columns on each page. It is less busy and easier on the eyes. That said, the pages do sometimes have side bar notes/quotes and word study but there’s enough white empty space on the side that it flows nicely. The pages are thick enough for taking notes and highlighting while also lending free space to art if you wish.
The text is in-between small and large so it doesn’t feel so in your face and it doesn’t make you squint and have to stare harder to make the text out either.
lays flat so I can have it open without having to keep my hands on it while recording my thoughts in something else and when reading and studying.
It is beautiful in the bright cheerful Marigold color I received. There are two ribbon place keepers which were a pleasant surprise. I can keep one in the book I am currently reading and studying through and the other in place in a full-year Bible reading plan on back. And of course, you can place these wherever they seem best to fit in however you are reading and studying too.
Overall, this is a beautiful and well-compiled Bible. It would make a lovely gift for women of any age. I highly recommend it! It comes in four different colors (mint/gray, marigold, camel, and butterscotch) and in imitation leather or cloth overboard.
– Every Feature (from the Publisher) –
- Including Bible study and devotional content from Lauren Chandler, Gloria Furman, Lisa Harper, Mary Kassian, Kelly King, Kelly Minter, Trillia Newbell, Jackie Hill Perry, Angel Thomas Pharr, Jennifer Rothschild, Mary Jo Sharp, Priscilla Shirer, Angie Smith, and other Lifeway Women.
- Over 100 articles placed alongside the corresponding biblical text to foster deep reflection on Bible passages and topics focused on the life needs of women
- Nearly 100 short devotional thoughts placed throughout the Bible
- Bible genre introductions with a short overview and reading plan highlighting key passages in that section
- 66 book-focused introductions providing a concise overview with book-specific timelines
- Over 40 character profiles of key women in the Bible with questions for application
- More than 35 reflection questions to help women engage more deeply with the Bible
- Nearly 100 brief inspirational quotes on the Bible
- Over 25 word studies on individual words or phrases detailing meaning and significance
- 30 plus charts, tables, and maps
- Distinctive full-color design elements to foster an immersive reading experience for women of all ages
- Two-column text layout
- Black-letter text for easy readability
- Easy-to-read 9.5-point type size
- Durable Smyth-sewn lay-flat binding
- Ribbon marker for easy referencing between pages
- Presentation page for gift-giving
- Full-color maps
The CSB Lifeway Women’s Bible features the highly readable, highly reliable text of the Christian Standard Bible® (CSB). The CSB captures the Bible’s original meaning without sacrificing clarity, making it easier to engage with Scripture’s life-transforming message and to share it with others.
–Want to Know More? –
If you are interested in purchasing or want to learn more about this Bible, you can do so here https://bit.ly/3LHM3lY
Required Federal Trade Commission disclaimer: I was provided a complimentary copy of this book by the Frontgate Media blogger review program in exchange for an honest review.