“This is a sponsored post from Disney Music and One2One Network. All opinions are my own.”
We adore Disney. I grew up with Walt Disney cartoons, movies, and melodies. The characters, the stories, and the music brought the whole experience alive in an impacting way that left good memories upon my life. Whenever I was feeling down or sick Disney films and songs always made me feel better and cheered me up. I am so happy Disney is still going strong decades later and I can share the magic with my own three children. Often, when they are sick we marathon classic Disney films too! In recognizing and sharing how truly awesome Disney is, I alway get pretty excited when they release any sort of tribute or collectors album like their latest “JAZZ loves DISNEY”.
There’s a good mix of songs on this album ranging from the classics to some the newer well loved Disney films such as Frozen. Thirteen songs total make up 48 minutes of great listening. My two favorite songs off this collection are A Dream is What Your Heart Makes from the film Cinderella and You’ve Got A Friend In Me from Toy Story!
I adore You’ve Got A Friend In Me from Toy Story because it was from one of the first Disney Pixar movies I’d ever seen! This story was new and delightful! The song captured the very being of friendship and being there for each other no matter what. The lyric “As the years go by/Our friendship will never die” really sticks with one and brings good all the feel good feelings from that story. It makes you want to tell those you can’t live without just how much you appreciate them! The version of this song on the album sung by Hugh Coltman is just as good as the Randy Newman version, in my opinion.
My second favorite song is A Dream is What Your Heart Makes on the album. This song is featured as an instrumental and the jazzy tune is excellent. Sometimes I like listening to songs without lyrics just for a non-distracting background and this song totally is going on my playlist for that purpose. Plus, if I wish I can sing the lyrics along to the tune. Such a wonderful song about not losing heart or hope!
This album is sure to be a delight to those long time fans and new ones as well. The only song I didn’t feel fit was the Frozen song “Let it Go”. It was less jazzy and more pop like than the rest. Other than that little quibble of mine,I feel the rest of the tracks worked well for this album’s theme. My children didn’t recognize all of the songs on the album so due to that, we’ve got some Disney classics on our must watch list for our upcoming family nights!
1. Jamie Cullum – “Everybody Wants To Be A Cat” – from The Aristocats
2. Melody Gardot – “He’s A Tramp” – from Lady And The Tramp
3. Stacey Kent – “Bibbidi Bobbodo Boo” (French version) – from Cinderella
4. Gregory Porter – “When You Wish Upon A Star” – from Pinocchio
5. China Moses – “Why Don’t You Do Right” – from Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
6. Raphaël Gualazzi – “I Wanna Be Like You” – from The Jungle Book
7. The Rob Mounsey Orchestra – “A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes” – from Cinderella
8. Hugh Coltman – “You’ve Got A Friend In Me” – from Toy Story
9. Anne Sila – “Let It Go” – from Frozen
10. Melody Gardot & Raphaël Gualazzi – “The Bare Necessities” – from The Jungle Book
11. Laika – “Once Upon A Dream” – from Sleeping Beauty
12. Nikki Yanofsky -“Someday My Prince Will Come” – from Snow White & The Seven Dwarfs
13. The Hot Sardines – I Wanna Be Like You (French & English version) – from The Jungle Book (US release only)