This title will be released on November 4, 2016
I adore Jazz though some may consider me far too young to have a fine appreciation for it. I grew up watching classic movies featuring this type of music with my Mother. When I wasn’t watching films from this era, I listened to the local jazz station on the radio. I found it very deep, soulful, and soothing.
I couldn’t be happier with the soon to be released offering by Sugar Mountain, “Under the Moon: Jazz Standards and Lullabies”. This compilation features numerous well-known and loved jazz artist to carry little ones off to sleep. The music is soothing and I enjoy putting it on not just at bedtime but in the middle of the day when things often become quite hectic. When most of this day and age screams and demands the now and always your immediate attention, this album brings one back to a slower pace and into a soothing state of calmness.
The book features beautiful illustrations by Ilya Green that fit the songs chosen for the project perfectly. I honestly wish I could frame a few of the pictures! Each of the songs in the book has a brief history of whom lent their voice to the well thought out lyrics. The lyrics are included in the book and the information on who sung the song, wrote the song, and created the music for it.
I adore the songs chosen which are as follows;
1. Willow Weep for Me Billie Holiday 3:10
2. Gone With the Wind Julie London 2:07
3. It Might As Well Be Spring Nina Simone 3:55
4. Come Rain or Come Shine Sarah Vaughan 3:27
5. Stormy Weather The Golden Gate Quartet 2:52
6. Blue Moon Mel Tormé 3:14
7. The Snow Is Falling Ray Charles 2:52
8. Winter Wonderland Louis Armstrong 3:01
9. Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Vaughn Monroe 3:09
10. December Kay Starr 3:24
11. Winter Weather Fats Waller 3:20
Total Runtime: 40 minutes
I feel this collection would be a wonderful gift choice to parents that love jazz as well as well as classic tunes. My five-month-old daughter seems much calmer when this album plays which pleases me greatly! There’s nothing better than introducing children of all ages to such a fine offering of music. My highest of recommendations!
* I have received this product for free or at a discounted rate in exchange for my honest and unbiased product review; all opinions are my own.*