Did you know that May is National Allergy Awareness month? Speaking of which, my family of four has a share of different foods that we typically tend to avoid due to sensitivities, adverse reactions, and health reasons. Last year when my youngest had a massive flare up and was diagnosed with Eczema, we were instructed to keep a log of everything he ate to see if anything set off his skin irritation. In doing so, we discovered many foods to avoid with him and this made going out to eat as a family not so simple anymore and we nearly avoided it altogether. So this year when I heard that the Red Robin restaurant released a Customizer Hub for guest to modify specific food and beverage choices to their own personal needs, I was thrilled!
You can bring the Red Robin Customizer Hub up on the computer, mobile device, or on a tablet in the restaurant in which can request of your server. Once on the Hub, you are brought to a menu in which you can select the following foods to avoid; Milk, Eggs, Gluten, Wheat, Fish, Shellfish, Peanuts, Tree-nuts, and Soy. Once you’ve selected what you’d like to avoid, you are then brought to a “Your Option By Category (such as appetizers, fire grilled burgers, dessert, etc)” and a “Suitable Options Category (Breads & Buns and Sauces and Dressings)” depending on what things you selected to avoid. It really makes things simple in knowing what you can select to eat to avoid your allergen specific triggers.
If know we will be visiting Red Robin at a busy time, it helps that I know I can bring up the Hub before we arrive so I can jot down the choices that will work best for my family. This option is great for family with younger kids that often can get a little impatient waiting for everyone to decide what to order (especially if you are eating out with a larger group). Plus, I like to plan in advance typically so this is great for me as well. Red Robin is a very family-friendly restaurant. My kids love that each time they go, they can color with crayons on the activity kids menu they each receive. There’s also a kids arcade for older kids to enjoy.
My family and I went out to eat worry free of our food allergies thanks to Red Robin recently. The food was all quite delicious and reasonably priced. It was also awesome I could order my kids burgers on gluten free buns with sides of sweet potatoes fries, as well as broccoli! Our waitress was extremely friendly and quite helpful when we were ordering. She asked once knowing we wanted gluten free buns for the kids if we specifically wanted fries the same way. She also asked about other additions to the burger such as the mustard and ketchup. It was great to be able to really customize what family would be eating. The options available are many from fish, chicken, beef, soups, salads, and many well loved kid dishes. I am quite certain there’s something for everybody at Red Robin!
I wouldn’t hesitate at all to recommend Red Robin to all my family and friends. The Customizer Hub really makes something that can be difficult when going out to eat quite simple. My children have already been asking when we can go out for a meal again!
Information about the Interactive Allergen Menu:
- Red Robin’s Customizer Hub on RedRobin.com allows Guests to test-drive different combinations of ingredients and enjoy their Red Robin menu favorites while keeping within their dietary restrictions. The Customizer Hub gives guest two options: “Customize Your Nutrition” and “Build a Customized Allergen Menu.”
- Red Robin’s Interactive Allergen Menu provides order recommendations based on guests’ allergies and allows them to view a menu that is tailored to their specific dietary needs.
- Red Robin trains all restaurant Team Members to allow guests to modify their Red Robin food or beverage order to suit their taste or dietary preferences. If a guest has a food allergy, the RedRobin team member will ring in the order with an allergy alert and bright type so it is clear on the table order.
- This allergen alert appears in easily noticeable bright, red and bold letters on the order and notifies the kitchen that a special allergen kit is required for the order. Red Robin uses allergen kits to prepare all allergen orders. The kits include tools that are for use on allergen orders only and are purple to clearly distinguish them from other kitchen tools. Purple is the color of Allergen Awareness.
- Red Robin provides the guest with information so they can make an educated decision on what to order themselves, whether it’s for food intolerances or food allergies.
Special for Adults:
Just in time for Allergen Awareness Month, Omission Pale Ale will be available at participating Red Robin restaurants nationwide, beginning May 12. Omission Pale Ale, a gluten-free beer, is part of a delicious line of craft beers brewed with malted barley, but specially crafted to remove gluten. Red Robin believes it is important for Guests to have options and information to make educated decisions and is offering Omission Pale Ale on its Interactive Allergen Menu.
Information about Red Robin:
- Red Robin Gourmet Burgers has been the Gourmet Burger Authority since 1969, when the first Red Robin restaurant opened in Seattle, Wash.
- Now, with 500 restaurants across the U.S. and Canada, Red Robin offers craveable, high-quality menu items for families and burger lovers alike.
- Red Robin was founded on four core values: Honor, Integrity, Continually Seeking Knowledge and Having Fun.
- Red Robin has a long-standing tradition of customizing meals to order. The ability to customize and make food feel personal is important, and customization is part of Red Robin’s DNA.
Enter below for a chance to win a $25.00 Red Robin Gift Card!
(US Residents only please)