If you’re a My Little Pony fan, you’re not going to want to pass up the newly released DVD featuring none other than Rainbow Dash in five fun episodes and a bonus sing-a-long! Though not my kids favorite pony, they still really enjoyed watching the episodes featuring her and getting to know more about her a little better! This high and fast flying Pegasus with a responsibility of maintaining the weather in Ponyville has more to her than certainly meets the eye. She dreams of one day joining the Wonderbolts (an elite flying group) but behind all of that she represents the element of loyalty and choses her friends over fame and fortune! What a wonderful characteristic to have and represent! Being a long time fan of MLP, I certainly enjoyed the episodes on this collection DVD, maybe even more than my children!
1. May The Best Pet Win – In this episode, Flutteryshy helps Rainbow Dash find a pet since she feels left out as the only member in a club without one. In order to pick a pet, Rainbow Dash decides upon holding a competition to pick a pet. There’s a big obstacle course to go through for the pets but throughout the challenge Rainbow Dash reliazes that may have not been the best way to pick a pet and the results of what happens at the end is quite a suprise! . This story has big message to teach kids about it’s not about how cool someone or something appears to be but the kindness and loyalty of a pet or a friend that is the most important ! Slow and Steady Win the Race!
2. The Mysterious Mare Do Well -In this story Rainbow Dash lets all the praise of her adoring fans really make her have a big ego. She reacts over confidently and really brags on and on about herself! Her friends take notice of this and come up with a plan to show her that real heroes don’t brag but act with grace and humility instead.
3. Read It and Weep -Rainbow Dash gets into an accident and has to spend many days in the hospital. To help her friends suggest that since she can’t really get around much that she check out a book. But Rainbow Dash doesn’t think that’s very cool and considers that’s a thing that eggheads do. That is until she actually reads a book in the Daring Do series suggested by Twilight and can’t put it down! This episode is my nearly six year old daughters favorite of which thrills me. It teaches you that reading is great for everyone and what a great adventure it can bring and not to knock something before you try it!
4. Daring Don’t – This episode follows Read It and Weep perfectly. It’s all about A.K. Yearling the author of the Daring Do series in which it seems every pony loves! Rainbow Dash learns in this episode that the release of the next Daring Do book is put on hold and in getting to the bottom of it a real adventure like in the books takes place. Things you can take away from this episode it to not put people on so high a pederast that you lose your own worth! This was the second favorite episode in this collection that my daughter highly favors.
5. Rainbow Falls – It’s all about competition and loyalty in this episode. Rainbow Dash and her team are competing for a play in the Equestria Games but it seems like her team might not even qualify. She gets offered a spot on another team which is a shoe in to qualify and is faced with a decision of winning or being true to her friends.
The DVD runtime is approximately two hours long and there’s a a bonus features which is sing-along that my kids have watched several times! Overall this is a great collection of episodes that any My Little Pony fan would enjoy!
Interested in Purchasing? You can purchase My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic: A Dash Of Awesome for 11.99 as of this posting on Amazon.com. This will ship free with Amazon Prime or qualifies for free Super Saver Shipping with a $35 purchase.
Check out the Trailer!
Disclaimer: This review is 100% my opinion and has not been edited or reviewed by anyone. I was not compensated in any other way for this product review.