As morning light breaks across the meadow, a young deer named Bambi is born and hailed as ‘Prince of the Forest.’ Soon Bambi emerges from the thicket on wobbly legs, much to the delight of his new friends, Thumper, the playful rabbit, and Flower, the bashful yet lovable skunk. But the fun of nibbling on fresh blossoms and frolicking through the woods is only the beginning. Exploring his new world, and guided by the wisdom of Friend Owl, Bambi learns valuable life lessons with every adventure – experiencing the power of friendship, family, and love along the away.
I think I was around the age of four or five years old, when I saw Bambi for the first time! This heartwarming tale is being re-released and I couldn’t be happier! I love being able to share bits and pieces of my own childhood with my own children, whether it be a classic toy or a movie such as this one!
Bambi is a movie you’ll find yourself coming back to over and over again. Bambi is full of clean family entertainment. You most definitely won’t find any crude humor or suggestive themes like you will with the movies that are out these days for kids.
My daughter at almost three years old adores this movie and has watched it not once or twice but around five times! Not whole lot of movies will she interact with as much as this one! She’s totally in love with all the adorable little animals and incredibly cute scenes! A movie that can get cute giggles out of my daughter is always a plus in my book too!
Another reason I love Bambi so much is that it’s not all flashy and loud but in it’s simplicity it draws the watcher in! The art style is done quite well and the musical score is a favorite of my own!
Parents should note that there are a few “frightening” scenes that may confuse or scare younger kids. Be prepared with the DVD remote to fast forward or be prepared to discuss and answer questions that may arise.
We highly recommend adding this classic to your family’s DVD collection!
- Inside Walt’s Story Meetings-Enhanced Edition – A fascinating, multi-tiered, interactive story-telling experience. Go back in time with dramatic voice re-enactments of the moments with Walt that led to the creation of this classic film.
- 2 Never Before Seen Deleted Scenes
- Deleted Song: “Twitterpated”
- Blu-ray Galleries—A collection of the extraordinary images originally created as part of the design process for BAMBI.
- Family Play: Games & Activities:
- Disney’s Big Book of Knowledge: BAMBI Edition— An interactive educational gaming experience that uses the film as a learning tool. Players can customize their own Big Book of Knowledge and learn all about forest creatures, seasons andmore! Each time a player completes a task, they are rewarded with new stickers to decorate their Big Book of Knowledge.
- Digital Exclusive:
- The Golden Age
Classic DVD Bonus Features:
- The Making Of BAMBI: A Prince Is Born—A comprehensive look at the making of BAMBI covers the story, the characters, the actors, the art design, the music and the history of Walt Disney’s classic film using behind the scenes footage, production stills, animation, artwork and multiple interviews withperformers and behind the scenes participants.
- Tricks of the Trade (excerpt)—In an episode from the 1957 Disneyland TV show, Walt narrates the story of the multiplane camera, an animation innovation crucial to the production of BAMBI.
- Inside the Disney Archives—Disney Supervising Animator Andreas Deja guides viewers through Disney’s Animation Research Library, where artwork from past Disney animated feature films is stored, including early story sketches of Bobo the rabbit,” (who became Thumper), glass paintings made for the multiplane camera and more.
- The Old Mill—Winner of the 1937 Academy Award® for Best Short Subject/Cartoon, The Old Mill was a testing ground for several techniques critical to Walt’s artistic vision for BAMBI, including the multiplane camera, animating realistic animals and experimenting with such natural occurrences such as wind, rain and lightning.
- DisneyPedia: Bambi’s Forest Friends
The new BAMBI Diamond Edition will be available as a 2-Disc Disney Combo Pack (Blu-ray + DVD) for the suggested retail price of $39.99 US/$46.99 Canada, a High Definition Movie Download for the suggested retail price of $19.99 US/$39.99 Canada, and/or a Standard Definition Movie Download for the suggested retail price of $14.99 US/$24.99 Canada. Those who wish to own the standard definition DVD version of BAMBI will need to wait seven additional weeks – until April 19, 2011.
**Disclaimer: The product/s mentioned above will be given to me free of charge from the company or PR firm in exchange for being featured on Connected2Christ.