Eight months pregnant and no time like the better to start packing my hospital bag to prepare for the arrival of baby Owen! I am trying to be minimal in what I decide to pack this go around. Last time we ended up bringing a lot of stuff we didn’t even use. And this time we will possibly have our 2 1/2 year old daughter with us depending on how things pan out, so I’m working on planning what to pack to keep her busy too.
Hospital Bag for Myself…
- Toiletry Items – toothbrush, tooth paste, hair brush, lip balm
- Clothing for Myself – nursing top, maternity jeans, socks, nursing gown, and a nursing bra
- Camera and Camcorder
- Cellphone & Phone Charger
- Nursing pads, Feminine Pads, and Lanolin Cream
- Onesies in size newborn and 0-3 months
- Knit sweater, hat, and khaki pants for the trip home
- Socks, Hand Mitts, and Booties
- A Warm Receiving Blanket
- Burp Cloths
- Diapers & Wipes
- Baby Bunting Suit
- A Cup & Snacks
- Medicated Prescription with instruction
- Coloring Book & Crayons
- Footed Pajamas
- Big Sister Shirt!
As the days grow closer and closer I may or may not think of anything else to add to to these bags. I think I have most of it covered! I’ve read some list and some people have packed everything and the kitchen sink practically! I just want the bare minimum. I want to have the baby and come home as soon as possible as to relax and heal in the comfort of my own home.
Note: Some of things on my list have yet to be purchased like baby bunting suit and warm receiving blankets, etc…
I know when people have a second baby they aren’t usually thrown a baby shower so we are looking to hopefully to be blessed with the donation and gifts of others to get whatever else we may need before Owen arrives and preferably within the next few weeks since we know how crazy the holidays can get for people. Gift cards and cash donations are favored highly as we can totally get whatever we need without having to exchange stuff out.