This post brought to you by Aladdin. All opinions are 100% mine.
Aladdin is a well known top quality company that's specializes in creating all sorts of high end reusable containers for beverages, snacks, meals, and more. This great company has been doing it's part in helping families all over to reduce their carbon footprints by introducing and encouraging us to engage in their Do The Reuse Challenge. This inspiring challenge is basically a 30-day commitment to give up disposable paper cups, water bottles, or food containers. Everyone is welcome to participate (the more, the better!), and 9 families will be blogging about their experience on their website. I don't know about you but I'm very encouraged by this challenge and look forward to reading about the experiences of others taking part in it! Here are some interesting facts:
- 7 million barrels of oil are used to produce the disposable bottles that Americans go through in only one year.
- In the USA, fifty billion disposable water bottles are used per year. That is 137,000 per day and 1,585 per second!
- It costs about $165 a year to make drip coffee in the comforts of your own home versus $636 to purchase drip coffee at your local coffee shop.
- Unless we do something about this, twenty-three billion paper coffee cups will be thrown out in 2010.
- Pack a lunch instead of eating lunch out and you will save money and not be creating so much waste! $9 will generally cover a decent lunch out…that is about $2,350 a year if you buy rather than pack a lunch five days a week!
I would like to consider myself a frugal person. I'm always looking to save money and give back where I can. My family and I like that our community picks up recyclable material along with garbage and have been taking part in this extremely thoughtful and environmentally friendly service. I would encourage those reading this to also check to see where there are places where you can recycle unwanted cardboard, milk cartons, and whatever else that can be reused.
I personally love reusing items such as jars, toilet paper rolls, and newspapers for craft project with my daughter instead of throwing them out right away. Another way I pride myself in helping the environment is cloth diapering as it keeps our land fields cleaner, my child safer, and the earth a little greener.
I don't know about you but this challenge is such an inspiration that I am taking part in it personally! I've recently made the commitment to take my own coffee cup when I go out. This is not only helping the environment but it's helping places like my church save money on buying paper coffee cups so they can spend more of their money giving back to the community.
I thought it was pretty neat that after I personally accepted to take the Do the Reuse Challenge that I received my own personal discount code and free shipping on my order through their website at www.shopaladdin-pmi.com! I can't wait to decide what reusable Aladdin mugs, bottles and snack containers that I'll be getting for myself and my family.
How about getting connected? You can find Aladdin on Facebook and keep up with their latest happenings.