I’m really excited to share my thoughts on the starter kit that Soda Stream generously sent me. What better an invention is this that I can create soda or sparkling water in the comfort of my own kitchen!
- No bottles or cans to recycle or throw away
- Saves thousands of containers for a family of four in a year
- Carbonating bottles last for three years
- Highly concentrated sodamix minimizes packaging
- No high-fructose corn syrup in regular flavors. No aspartame in diet flavors.
How Soda Stream save energy…
- No batteries or electricity
- Reduces energy used to manufacture bottles and cans
- Reduces gas and pollution from shipping packaged beverages
- Eliminates pollution from batteries
As you can see, the benefits of making your own soda or sparkling water in your home are many. Everything that Soda Stream is doing is showing their sheer love and concern for those around them as well as the environment we live in.
I mentioned before that I was given the opportunity to review a starter set from Soda Stream. What was included in my Fountain Jet Starter Kit includes: 1 x Fountain Jet Home Soda Maker, 110-Liter Licensed Carbonator & Two Carbonating Bottles. This particular model comes in colors of Black, Red or White, and normally is priced at $99.95.
Along with my machine, I was sent a variety of soda mix flavors from the 25 offered. You’ll find regular, diet, energy and caffeine-free flavors have been included to meet everyone’s personal preference. Each 500ml soda mix bottle makes the equivalent of 12 liters (about 33 cans!) of soda. Regular soda mix contains no high fructose corn syrup and diet soda mix contains no aspartame instead Splenda is used. I was also sent a set of three All-natural My Water flavor essences which are unsweetened and calorie-free.
I must state that we really like our soda machine! It was so easy to set up and start making our own soda, that we may never buy another liter of store bought soda again! The convenience of having the various soda flavors on hand as well as a store (Camping World) near by to restock our carbonater is fantastic.
How are the flavors? Well, we haven’t tried them all yet but a personal favorite of my husband and I is the Orange Soda Flavor! If you are not huge on Splenda flavored products you may not be a fan of their mixes but that’s not to stop anyone from adding their own flavoring after carbonation or trying out the All-natural My Water flavor carried by Soda Stream.
There’s is nothing at all that dislike about about my soda machine and would highly recommend one of these machines to everyone who enjoys soda or sparkling water.
Sodastream has offered one lucky reader a Fountain Jet Soda Lover’s Start-Up Kit (approx. $100 retail value.) It includes the winner’s choice of black/silver, white or red/silver Fountain Jet, CO2 to make over 100 liters of soda, 2 reusable carbonating bottles, a sample pack of flavors, and 3 full-sized flavors of the winner’s choice.
To Enter: Visit Sodastream and let me know what color machine you’d like as well as which 3 flavors you’d like to win!
1. Add me to your blogroll or add my button.
2. Blog it, link back to this post. (2 extra)
3. Favorite my blog on Technorati
4. Subscribe by email/RSS. (2 extra)
5. Sign up to win giveaways at Janet and Kristinia’s blogs..( let me know which ones)
6. Follow on Twitter @erinlowmaster & Tweet (daily entries available)
7. Email a friend about this giveaway. (Leave name of friend)
RT: Win a Soda Stream Fountain Jet Soda Lover’s Start-Up Kit 12/15 @erinlowmaster (add url)
This Giveaway is only open to U.S and Canada
Giveaway running till 12/15/09 . Winners will be notified shortly afterward by email. Please respond within 48 hours or you forfeit your prize to another participant.