2. Note To The Unknown Soldier
5. This Dance
6. Above The Timberline
9. Story Of Your Life
10. Love Can’t Change The Weather
11. Augie Nieto
Singer/songwriter John Ondrasik has spent the past decade writing deeply personal songs that include social messages, invoke the human spirit and make an emotional connection. This can be heard on the past five albums by Five For Fighting, the band name under which he records and performs. Now John delivers a new album, Slice, featuring the song “Chances”, available October 13th.
Five For Fighting’s breakthrough came in 2001 with the Grammy Nominated song “Superman”, from the Platinum certified “America Town”. The song was climbing the charts upon release, and when 9/11 happened, it became a song of healing for the nation. FFF performed the song at the post 9/11 fundraiser The Concert for New York which paid tribute to all the firefighters, police officers & paramedics affected by the events of 9/11.
On the 2004 release, “The Battle For Everything”, the song “100 Years” followed in the footsteps of “Superman” as yet another inspiring reflective song. Refresh your memory here with FFF videos or by launching this FFF widget.
And one of things we personally love about John is that he is happily married and the father of two children whom he dotes on. His oldest actually made a debut in one of his videos as a newborn! (His other baby, his retro Ford Mustang, has made appearances in more than one album package and video.) He and his family resides in Los Angeles, CA.
Did you know…
* In Feb 2007 John launched a charity driven website – whatkindofworlddoyouwant.com that raises money for various charities when users view video clips provided by visitors to the site. Current views are over 3 million with approx. $300,000 donated!
* John is a dedicated supporter of US Troops, performing for US Forces at Guantanamo Bay, Hawaii, Guam & Japan on USO tours
* John created & produced “For the Troops”, a CD compilation of superstar recordings that is available for free to every active service person in US Armed Forces
* Along with numerous television licenses, John’s composed songs for “August Rush”, “The Sisterhood Of The Traveling Pants”, “We Were Soldiers”, “Chicken Little” & “Everyone’s Hero”
* John loves sports and writing (and not just great songs)! He penned a regular hockey column for SportsIllustrated.com from 2005-2007, and freelances for various publications.
I really like Five for Fighting, definitely my type of music. You can really sense such dedication and truth and poured into every song on their latest album “Slice”. I’ m a big fan of the added piano accompaniment which brings such a perfect melodic trend through every song on this album. The lyric filled songs will encourage, uplift, and make you study your own life. Love it!
For the latest…
- You can also become a fan of Five For Fighting on Facebook
- Follow them on Twitter
- Check out their website