After becoming a mommy, I’ve used my camera quite a bit. I’m constantly taking pictures of my daughter. I know I say it quite often, but it’s truly amazing to see how much she has grown and changed over a matter of time.
Another reason I take many photos is so I am able to share them with my family. My folks live several thousands of miles away and don’t get the privilege of visiting and seeing us as much as I know we both would like.
I praise the Lord that my family is very easy to buy for. I’ve grown to know that they appreciate the kind of gifts that they can hold near and dear to their hearts like myself. Photo gifts do something that most other gifts can’t, they have the ability to forever capture those special memories that you can treasure forever.
I am thrilled with stores like CVS, Sams Club,Costco, Walgreens, and Wal-Mart that have a very nice selection of photo gifts available. You’ll be able to find everything from a personalized photo deck of cards to even having your family photo created into a blanket! How neat is that?
As a dedicated blogger and product reviewer, I am graciously given the opportunity to review products from all sorts of companies. Today thanks to an opportunity I came across at the PR Place and Today’s Ellen, I’ll be reviewing a Costco Photo Collage.
Since my husband and I are Costco members, signing in to begin creating a collage was very easy. I had purchased several items from the Costco website before and all my log in information was currently saved. I ventured on over to Costco’s Photo Center and easily located photo collage under their gift category.
I found that collage prints from Costco are available in several sizes and are offered at very affordable prices. Their sizes range from as small as an 8×10 print to a 20×30 large print. Prices range from as little as $1.49 to just $8.99!
After choosing to create a collage, I was then directed to choose the photos I would like to use in my project. Creating a new folder/album to add my photos in was very easy. After creating a new folder called ” Melody Collage, I was then directed to the up-loader. I easily browsed my desktop, selected my photos and they were uploaded in less than 2-3 minutes! Note that you can just add up to thirty photos.
I want to state that choosing the photos of my daughter from birth to age 16 months for my collage could have taken me hours, days even but I had currently been working a photo book for my mom and a scrapbook for myself so I had all my favorite photos set aside which made this project go by rather quickly!
The next step in creating your collage is deciding what size and orientation (whether horizontal or vertical), you would like it to be. Don’t worry if you change your mind during the next building process you can go back and change this easily. I have lots of wall space in my apartment so I choose to go with a 20×30 print.
1. Border Options– You are given the choice to choose border thickness or you can choose no border at all. I choose a thin border. You also can choose for your border to have any color you so choose. I went with black.
2.Quantity- You can decided on the number of collage’s you want to create, which is great if you are planning on gifting it to more than one person.
3. Finish- You can chooser whether you’d like your collage to be glossy or lustre. I choose Lustre because it’s the color saturation of glossy, the fingerprint resistance of matte, and without the glare associated with glossy.
4. Option & Review- You are given a chance to swap out your photos, change your orientation & size, add a title to your collage, and shuffle the placement of your photos. I added a title to my collage that read my daughter’s full name in the first line of text that could be added and in the second line I added the months and year from when the photos I choose were taken. There are several font choices and again as with the border color, you can also change the color of your font. You may also choose whether you would like your text to be at the bottom or the top of your collage and are given the choice to preview it before adding to your cart!
After completing my collage, I was directed to another page that asked if I would like to have my collage mail ordered or given the choice to pick it up it in store. Shipping and handling would have been just $4.99 which I think is a quite reasonable enough price. I literally can walk to Costco so I choose to pick it up and pay for it in store. After receiving a conformation email, I was told that my collage was ready for me to pick up within just an hour or two! Talk about fast service!
I’m thrilled with quality of my poster and proudly have hung it in my apartment hallway. I found the whole creation process as easy as pie and would not hesitate to create several more collages whether for gifts for family or for myself!
The possibilities of what anyone can create as a collage are endless! Collages are great to remember that swell family vacation, your sons time in little league, your daughters dance recital, the families new puppy, that unforgettable Christmas, when you first said I do, and those are just a few ideas off the bat.
Win it: Today’s Ellen has graciously offered one of my lucky readers their very own collage poster from either Costco, Sam’s Club or a CVS photo site.
To Enter: Tell what kind of photo collage you would create and if this is for yourself or a gift for someone you know.
*Subscribe to Today’s Ellen blog via reader or email. (1 entry)
* Add me to your blogroll or add my button.(2 extra)
* Blog it, link back to this post. (2 extra)
* Favorite my blog on Technorati (2 extra)
* Follow on Twitter @erinlowmaster & Tweet
* Friend/Fan @ Facebook
* Subscribe by email/RSS.
Non, bloggers & bloggers alike…
* Email a friend. (Leave name of friend)
Tweet: (copy/paste) DAILY TWEETS AVAILABLE
Win a photo collage! Giveaway ends 10/14@erinlowmaster
This contest will run until October 14th 2009. If a winner fails to reply within 48 hrs, a new winner will be chosen. US & Canada, No PO Boxes, please. Thank you.
Once the winner is chosen I’ll send your e-mail to Ellen and she will instruct you on how to claim your prize.