Posts Tagged ‘crafty’
I’ve been anticipating the Spring and Summer weather to finally hit here in the Northwest. While others are getting temperatures in the 70′s and 80′s, we are out of the blue receiving inch upon inch of snow. But that’s okay, it’s kept me inside knitting away and it’s been good to start stocking up my Etsy store for the season.
Here’s a peak of one of many more drawstring market/beach bags to come! Note that this one is for sell right now for $25.00 w/ free shipping! If you are interested please feel free to contact me at erinlowmaster at gmail dot com and I’ll send a long an invoice your way!
I love the Autumn season and this year I’m getting a little more crafty in decorating my home for it. I figure I’d start with a wreath since there was a score of great items to use for one (believe it or not) at the Dollar Store! My wreath turned out so nice that I’m probably going to go back for another wreath form and making a centerpiece for my dining room table. So how much did this project cost me? As little as $7.00 (Someone my husband showed this wreath too thought it cost $50 )! I adore decorating when it won’t break our budget!
The material I used and bought to make this wreath are
- 1 Large Wreath Form (1.00)
- 3 picks of leaves (3.00)
- 6 pics variety pumpkin, squash, cat tail.. with leaves ($3.00 because they were 2 for 1.00)
- I used about 6 sticks of glue in my little glue gun but I was being pretty generous.
To start, I plucked/cut all the leaves off the pics and sorted them by color piles. You don’t have to do that but I was making my life easier when it came to gluing everything on the wreath. I placed leaves and glued and placed and glued until my wreath was nice and full with none of the form showing through. I think added the pumpkins, squash, cat tails, and other embellishments on top of the leaves making sure to spread them about in a non uniform looking way. I then glued more leaves on my wreath until I was happy with it. Voila! So simple and such a fantastic crafty decoration to add to making my home more welcome during the Autumn season.
Autumn Wreath by Erin Lowmaster is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at connected2christ.com.
There’s a lot of reasons I choose to cloth diaper. Though this reason may not be the most important that there is, it’s up there. What reason may you ask? Well, it’s but because of all the cute patterned fabrics you can get cloth diapers in these days! Who really wants a boring old white or branded character diaper if you really don’t have to get one?
Speaking of cute cloth diapers, you should see the ones offered by Greenchild Creations! And how thrilled I am to be reviewing a one sized flannel fitted cloth diaper from there personally.
First off, this diaper is one sized! No need to measure your baby in any way. I like that because it saves time and there’s no need to purchase more diapers when my baby gets bigger! Believe me, I know those growth spurts seemingly come out of nowhere!
The design of this diaper has a flap that can be tucked in the pocket opening the diaper has. I love the pocket because I can stuff whatever liners I have into the diaper for day or night use. Now if your baby is wearing this overnight or on the go, I would recommend using a water-proof cover because the diaper itself is not waterproof. And with all that being said, I’ve been loving this diaper and we’ve had no leaks!
Also, I was sent this diaper with safety pins. I usually don’t use pins because I have this huge fear of accidentally poking my baby. But no worries, I used my Snappi with the diaper and it all stayed together great. And if you don’t want to use safety pins like me, snaps can be added to the diaper you may want to purchase upon request.
I asked Anne, creator behind Greenchild Creations for my review a few questions so you could get to know her better too! Here are the questions and answer.
1.Why did you decide to open shop and how long have you been? At much urging from friends, I decided to create the shop in 2009. Life was a little crazy at that point so I let the shop sit for awhile. After things calmed down a bit, the summer of 2010 I spent creating my diaper design and sending it out to friends in the US and Canada to test it out for me. After a few design modifications, I opened shop in Dec 2010. Then my mom made me the most adorable hedgehog pincushion that Christmas, and I convinced her to contribute to my shop. She makes the pincushions and will be making personalized crocheted snowflakes for Christmas.
2. What do you enjoy the most when creating your products?
I think the best part is being able to experiment with it all and see what happens. I love the sense of satisfaction I get from seeing a beautiful, useful finished product, knowing I created it.
3. Apart from creating things, what do you do? I stay at home with the most amazing little boy, readers can learn more about him here if they wish: http://thegreenchildchronicles.blogspot.com/2010/06/introduction.html And I spend a lot of time cooking; I love it! I am in process of writing a cookbook inspired by my little boy.
4. What inspires you? When I see a need or a want for something, I get inspired – whether it’s from a person, place, event, even nature!
5. In five years you’d like to be…? In 5 years I’d like to be doing much the same thing: sewing, making natural skin care products, and creating new recipes. I love what I do; creating beautiful, useable things makes me happy
Overall…We are thrilled to spread the word about Green Child Creations! Many wonderful items are available in their Etsy store such as handmade soaps, pincushions, aprons, diapers (obviously), and balms! I encourage you to check it all out.
…And now for the chance to win a Greenchild Creations OS Fitted Cloth Diaper of your own! (US & Canada is eligible)
To Enter: Check out Greenchild Creations flannel stash and let me know what pattern you’d like if you won!
1. Blog this giveaway, link back to this post.
2. Follow on Twitter @erinlowmaster & Tweet (daily entries available)
Example: Win an incredible cute OS Cloth Fitted Diaper from Greenchild Creations! #Giveaway, @erinlowmaster at Connected2Christ.com
3. Post this giveaway on a Giveaway Linky/Site and let me know where!
4. Email a friend(s) about this giveaway. (And tell them to refer you in their entry)
5. Subscribe to my blog by RSS or E-mail (Feed Burner) and let me know!
6. Become a Facebook Fan of Connected2Christ and leave me a comment there letting me know you are coming from this giveaway.
7. “LIKE” Greenchild Creations on Facebook and let them know you are stopping by from my giveaway!
Giveaway running till 10/10/11 . Winners will be notified shortly afterward by email. Please respond within 48 hours or you forfeit your prize to another participant. USA & Canada only.
Disclaimer: I was sent the above product mentioned for review. This review is 100% my opinion and has not been edited or reviewed by anyone. I was not compensated in any other way for this product review.