Archive for March 13th, 2011
This week’s questions are:
1. Do you sew, crochet or knit?
2. Are you allergic to any foods? Bee stings?
3. Do you snore? Please describe
1. I do knit! I Took up knitting somewhere around my third trimester of pregnancy last year. It was very therapeutic and way to rid myself of stress! I’ve been using looms and my bamboo needles…love them both! Ever since, I’ve been making hats, scarves, pot holders, cloths, and headbands!
As for sewing, I’m about to take that adventure on. My mom sewed and on occasion she let us use her machine but it’s been oh so long and now I wouldn’t have a clue to as what I am doing. Yesterday I ordered my very first sewing machine. I can’t wait to make clothes among other things for myself and my children. Oh the fun I’ll be having! …And my best friend is a beginner at the sewing machine too, so we’ll get to have some fun together in our own little sewing circle. Really looking forward to it.
2. I’m allergic to avocado. Strange, I know. I discovered this fact after numerous encounters with it. The first time was the very first Valentine’s my husband and I shared as a married couple.I had eaten sushi with avocado and my stomach pained me and my throat felt swollen. The last time I had avocado I wasn’t even aware of it till it was too late. This resulted in violently throwing up and having the most intense stomach pain all evening. Bleh, no more guacamole for me.
3. Snore? Who doesn’t. Yes, I snore but only if I am super tired, clogged up from allergies or a cold, and sometimes when I am lying on my back. My husband hasn’t run off to sleep on the couch so it can’t possibly be that bad…or he’s just being nice. LOL
You can link up to Monday Mingle here at Eighty MPH Mom!
I learned quickly after becoming a mom that life can get pretty crazy especially with two little ones! So, how do I keep track of everything that goes on in my own and families life? Well, a lot of the times I write it on my dry erase board or refrigerator notepad (when I can remember to stop by it and fill it out) but lately I’ve been using Goal For It.
I’ve set out to accomplish a lot this year and putting it all down in one place to mark things off is a key. I can see what I’ve already done and that makes me feel great as well as knowing what is still awaiting me!
Goal For It has it in mind to keep its users successful in whatever they do. You can make whatever type of chart you want for yourself or for your kid. For children there are specific Chore Charts and Behavior Charts you can set up to help them achieve success whether for your younger kids or teens!
I’m a fan of all the graphic interfaces for all ages. The kid themes are really fun and quite colorful and I guarantee kids will totally enjoy marking off their charts with cute sticker type graphics! I also like that the site has where you can set up a kind of type allowance goal where you child can earn points and redeem them for special rewards.
The site has where you can journal, add and send messages to your friends and family that may also be using the website. I can hardly believe all it’s all free to use!
My daughter is almost three years old and pretty capable of helping around the house. So in a few months, we are going to be setting her up her own personal chore chart! I’m pretty excited about it too!
I highly recommend checking out Goal For It today to further the future success of you and your families life.
I was compensated for this post. All opinions in this post are 100% my own. Please see my full disclosure policy for more information.
Undercover Mama Undershirt winner is #21 Tannis
(Winning a under shirt in size and choice of color!)
Enjoy Lighting Candles winner is #52 Crystal A.
(She won two random types of candles!)
Zookies | Diaper Cover winner is #63 Niecey
(She’d love to win the Monkey Business Diaper Cover!)
Woombie Swaddler winner is #23 Jessica
( She won a organic cream color in the size of choice)
Tummy Talk Pregnancy Journal winner is #13 Emily
(She’d like to win the album in peaches and cream color)
Congratulations to you all! Please reply back to the email I send with your full name and address. NO PO Boxes allowed! Winners have 48 hrs to contact me or another winner will be chosen. Note that I am not responsible for shipping out prizes.