Archive for November 11th, 2010
Eight months pregnant and no time like the better to start packing my hospital bag to prepare for the arrival of baby Owen! I am trying to be minimal in what I decide to pack this go around. Last time we ended up bringing a lot of stuff we didn’t even use. And this time we will possibly have our 2 1/2 year old daughter with us depending on how things pan out, so I’m working on planning what to pack to keep her busy too.
Hospital Bag for Myself…
- Toiletry Items – toothbrush, tooth paste, hair brush, lip balm
- Clothing for Myself – nursing top, maternity jeans, socks, nursing gown, and a nursing bra
- Camera and Camcorder
- Cellphone & Phone Charger
- Nursing pads, Feminine Pads, and Lanolin Cream
- Onesies in size newborn and 0-3 months
- Knit sweater, hat, and khaki pants for the trip home
- Socks, Hand Mitts, and Booties
- A Warm Receiving Blanket
- Burp Cloths
- Diapers & Wipes
- Baby Bunting Suit
- A Cup & Snacks
- Medicated Prescription with instruction
- Coloring Book & Crayons
- Footed Pajamas
- Big Sister Shirt!
As the days grow closer and closer I may or may not think of anything else to add to to these bags. I think I have most of it covered! I’ve read some list and some people have packed everything and the kitchen sink practically! I just want the bare minimum. I want to have the baby and come home as soon as possible as to relax and heal in the comfort of my own home.
Note: Some of things on my list have yet to be purchased like baby bunting suit and warm receiving blankets, etc…
I know when people have a second baby they aren’t usually thrown a baby shower so we are looking to hopefully to be blessed with the donation and gifts of others to get whatever else we may need before Owen arrives and preferably within the next few weeks since we know how crazy the holidays can get for people. Gift cards and cash donations are favored highly as we can totally get whatever we need without having to exchange stuff out.
…Featuring is a star-studded collection of Norah Jones’ collaborations spanning her entire career. The result serves as a kind of parallel history to her four albums, which have sold over 40 million copies worldwide.
…Featuring Track Listing
2. Virginia Moon – The Foo Fighters featuring Norah Jones
3. Turn Them – Sean Bones featuring Norah Jones
4. Baby It’s Cold Outside – Willie Nelson featuring Norah Jones
5. Bull Rider – Norah Jones and Sasha Dobson
6. Ruler Of My Heart – Dirty Dozen Brass Band featuring Norah Jones
7. The Best Part – El Madmo
8. Take Off Your Cool – OutKast featuring Norah Jones
9. Life Is Better – Q-Tip featuring Norah Jones
10. Soon The New Day – Talib Kweli featuring Norah Jones
11. Little Lou, Prophet Jack, Ugly John – Belle & Sebastian featuring Norah Jones
12. Here We Go Again – Ray Charles featuring Norah Jones
13. Loretta – Norah Jones featuring Gillian Welch and David Rawlings
14. Dear John – Ryan Adams featuring Norah Jones
15. Creepin’ In – Norah Jones featuring Dolly Parton
16. Court & Spark – Herbie Hancock featuring Norah Jones
17. More Than This – Charlie Hunter featuring Norah Jones
18. Blue Bayou – Norah Jones featuring M. Ward
Soulful, Lazy, and Upbeat would most definitely be the three words I can best use to describe the feel of the tracks on Norah’s latest album “Featuring…”. That mix-full trio ensure that’s there’s totally something there to be found for everyone whether you be a fan of Norah Jones previous music or not.
Fans of numerous artist will appreciate the feature of well know artist such as Dolly Parton, Ray Charles, The Foo Fighters, and more. I personally really enjoyed the feature of Norah and Willie Nelson singing “Baby It’s Cold Outside”, a song which is definitely suitable for the current season.
Norah’s latest album “Featuring…” releases next Tuesday, November 16th. You can preorder a copy straight from Amazon by clicking here.
Disclaimer: I was given this cd by One2One Network to review. This review is 100% my opinion and has not been edited or reviewed by anyone. I was not compensated in any other way for this review. This post also qualifies as an entry for a gift card drawing sponsored by One2One Network.
Format: DVD/17 Discs
Run time: 19 hrs., 12 mins. + extras
Price: $99.95 srp
100 award-winning and classic children’s stories are faithfully adapted and brought to rich life in THE SCHOLASTIC TREASURY OF 100 STORYBOOK CLASSICS #2, a comprehensive 17-DVD collection, the follow-up to the original best-selling treasury.
From “Goodnight Moon” and the beloved adventures of Corduroy to Red Riding Hood, this colossal set features nearly 20 hours of quality entertainment which together have won more than 115 awards including the prestigious Caldecott Medal and Andrew Carnegie Medal for Excellence in Children’s Video. Packed with celebrity narration from stars such as Zach Braff, Abigail Breslin, Stockard Channing, Mia Farrow, Cyndi Lauper, John Lithgow and many others, this must-have gift set also features Scholastic’s innovative read-along function that highlights words as they are read, supporting early literacy skills. Along with additional fun and mind-stimulating activities, interviews with authors and illustrators and 9 stories in Spanish, THE SCHOLASTIC TREASURY OF 1000 STORYBOOK CLASSICS #2 should be on everyone’s holiday list in 2010!
Featuring Classic Stories Such As….
- Disk 1 – Corduroy … and more stories about caring
- Disk 2 – Good Night, Gorilla … and more sleepytime stories
- Disk 3 - The Wheels on the Bus … and more musical stories
- Disk 4 - There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly … and more sing-along favorites
- Disk 5 - Is Your Mama a Llama? … and more classics
- Disk 6 - Giggle Giggle Quack … and more from Doreen Cronin
- Disk 7 - The Hans Christian Andersen Collection … including The Ugly Duckling and The Emperor’s New Clothes
- Disk 8 - The James Marshall Fairytale Collection … including Little Red Riding Hood and Hansel and Gretel
- Disk 9 – He s Got the Whole World in His Hands … and more stories to celebrate the environment
- Disk 10 - Antarctic Antics … and more hilarious animal stories
- Disk 11 - The Teacher From the Black Lagoon … and more slightly scary stories
- Disk 12 - Miss Nelson Has a Field Day … and more school adventure stories
- Disk 13 – Crazy Hair Day … and more funny school adventures
- Disk 14 - So You Want to Be President? … and more stories to celebrate American History
- Disk 15 - The Night Before Christmas … and more classic holiday tales
- Disk 16 - A Very Brave Witch … and more great Halloween stories
- Disk 17 – Ralph S. Mouse
My daughter and and I have been fans of the Treasury of 100 Storybook Classics Volume 1 and were overall thrilled to learn that a second collection was going to be released! I haven’t let my daughter watch any of the stories from this collection just yet as I want to save it for Christmas. I’m pretty sure she’s going to love seeing the Hans Christian Andersen, The James Marshall Fairy Tale Collection & Is Your Mama a Llama! I can hardly contain letting her wait till after Christmas day to start watching these great stories as I’m pretty excited to see them myself!
If you are at all familiar with Scholastic Storybook DVD’s you know that bonuses include the read-along option for each story. Each DVD contains follow-up questions, reviews with authors and illustrators. There are nearly twenty hours of fun and educational entertainment for your child to participate in.
I highly recommend this set to parents and grandparents alike. How about bringing the classic stories you enjoyed growing up to life and a smile to a child’s face buy purchasing this collection during the Holiday season!
Disclaimer: I received THE SCHOLASTIC TREASURY OF 100 STORYBOOK CLASSICS #2 to review from Weston Woods, Studio (Scholastic: www.newkideo.com) and Foundry Communications(Beth Blenz-Clucas).