Fall is right around the corner and that means it’s time to shop for a fun new wardrobe for your kids. I love the fall as it’s filled with such warm rich colors of yellows, oranges, browns, reds, and the like. When I happened across an etsy store called Polka Dot Monkey, a store designated to wow you with its creatively cute personalized tees and onesies, I was thrilled to see an available fun fall themed collection already ripe for the picking!
Polka Dot Monkey has a great selection of Tee and Onesies, which are all available to be customized to your liking! The possibilities are endless as you can add your child’s name, a number, or even a special word.
I love the different designs that can be found from tractors, dump trucks, cupcakes, turkeys, apples, pumpkins and more!
I contacted store owner Cindy, stay at home mom of two boys and she was kind enough to answer a few of my review questions about herself and her great shop!
1. Why did you decide to start doing this on etsy and how long have you been? I love creating for other people, and this was a way I could do that for more people than just my friends and family. I’ve been on Etsy since January 2009.
2. What do you enjoy the most when creating your products? Being able to make something that’s just that perfect item that someone’s been looking for.
3. Apart from creating things, what do you do? I’m a full time mommmy to my two boys, and I love every minute of it!
4. What inspires you? My two boys, Hayden (3) and Gabriel (1). They are the reason I created the dump truck and tractor shirt, which were the first ones I ever made.
5. In five years you’d like to be…? Hmmm… that’s a good question! I’m very content with where I am now, so I’m not sure what I would change!
My Overall Thoughts:
Cindy was generous enough to send me one of her shirts to review!
It was a hard choice in choosing a shirt but I finally decided upon the Lady Bug Love Tee!
I ordered it a little big so my daughter would be able to wear this now as well as next spring!
When I received the shirt in the mail, I was quite impressed with it’s packaging and opened it immediately to study the handiwork.
Cindy’s shirts are very durable, each piece of fabric is hand cut and fused to the shirt or onesie, then a zig-zag stitches added around the edges for durability. I love how much care she puts into these shirts! I’ve received other shirts that sort of looked like this and they ended up fraying in over two weeks time after washing.
I love all the little detail added, from the wings covering the body of the lady bug to the heart added to the back for finishing touch. Note that the heart is added for girls and a star is added on the back for boys!
Buy it: The Polka Dot Monkey shirts and onesie are $18.00 and would make great gifts for the children in your life. Sizes range from newborn to 5 to 6 years old, depending on whether your purchase a shirt or onesie. I also wanted to mention that Baby Memory Books are also available for purchase.