1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Egg Nog I’m not a huge fan of, to me it taste like Bubble Gum. I love Hot Chocolate, especially the gourmet kind. My favorite is the mint chocolate kind!
2.Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?THe present get wrapped though next year since I am thinking green, they may come out Christmas Eve night and I’ll use those hundred of paper gift bags I’ve been saving!
3. Colored lights on house/tree or white?
I love the colored tree lights whether on the house or the tree! I am an artist so I have a fond appreciation for all the colors of the rainbow!
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
I never have no.. and I don’t think I’ve kissed my husband under it either!
5.When do you put your decorations up?
The week of Thanksgiving!
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
Excluding dessert?! That’s pretty hard since my Mom has passed some great recipes down to me to share with my family. I think it’d have to be the Brocoli Casserole an my Mom’s Cornbread dressing!
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child?
MY favorite? It’s really hard for me to choose just one because all of them were so special in their own way. I just love being close to my family, eating good food, and celebrating Christ’s birth together.
8.When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I can’t quite remember how old I was… it was always fun there after to see my dad dress up and pretend to be Santa for my younger sisters…hehe
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
Um.. if I can wait that long… I already gave my husband all his gifts because I just couldn’t wait… lol .. but yes, traditionally we can open gift on Christmas Eve.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? This year is our first Christmas tree so right now all we have on it is multi colored lights and red, gree, and silver balls. We will be collecting ornament after Christmas I am sure! That’s when they are all 75% off!
11. Snow. Love it or dread it?
I miss snow so much! There really is something magical about snow… I was missing it and suggested to my husband that we should move to Alaska… lol This is Oregon… not much snow here unless you are in the mountians.
12. Can you ice skate?
I have never tried to skate… I remember I had the chance to go and learn when I was like 8 but Mom and Dad thought I’d kill myself or something so I didnt’ get to… lol.. I’ll probaby do the samething with my daughter or I’ll just learn when she does… so we both can bust our bottoms!
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
My favorite gift..hmm… I think it had to be all the craft stuff I got.. it helped me to be a more creative person! I also liked my LOTR figurines… lol… THe ent was my favorite! Ents are sexy… lol
14. What is the most important thing about the holidays to you? Celebrating Jesus and family traditon… ( gah, this is making me miss my family in Georgia alot…)
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Congealed Salad or Pink Stuff as we would call it!
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? You know my husband and I need to start making ones of our own but for now it’s going around listening to X-mas music in the car and checking out everyone’s decoration a.k.a appreciating all their hardwork to fuel our tradition!
17. What tops your Christmas tree?
There’s nothing up there yet!
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving?
I like to see friends and families faces when they open gifts I have given them. I wouldn’t be honest if I said I didn’t like to receive too though!
19. What is your favorite Christmas song? Oh Come Oh Come Emmanuel
20. Candy Canes. Yum or Yuck?
Yum! And they have to be the original ones!
21. What do you want for Christmas?
I want everyone to be happy and healthy full of good cheer… and I want a Choco Cat wallet from the Sanrio store… lol .. I’m such a little kid!
22. Do you attend an annual Christmas party?
We have been attending the Homeschooler Christmas party! It’s alot of fun! Just try to imagine a place full of over 30 HS graduates!
23. Do you dress up for Christmas Eve or wear PJ’s?
We do dress up for our Christmas Eve Service at our church.
24. Do you own a Santa hat. I have a Gerogia Bulldogs one!
25. Who do you normally spend Christmas with?
I challenge whomever to fill this out and post it on their blog too!
The results are in thanks to Random.org! Rebecca is our winner! She posted:
I would like to see a T with the logo..
SMILE..don’t you know God loves you.
I say that whenever someone seems angry or irritable with me or my son (like road rage but on foot), be it in a shop or at the movies!!! – Its my catch phrase. and they don’t have anything to say back!
She inspired my new happy face t-shirt design! 🙂
I introduced the last 1st foods to my daughter a couple of days ago and I noticed that’s she’s been quite irratible and also she broke out in a rash in several places. She wasn’t allergic to the carrots, apples, pears, or sweet potatoes, …She was allergic to peas… I was like wow I’d love to have tht allergy… haha! I’m picky when it comes to my peas… I prefer them straight from the garden usually. I’m hoping Melody grows out of this allergy though, which I am sure she will!