I found out today that I won a Mutsy Spider Stroller from Sandra! I am so happy to have won this as my husband and I were just at Babies R Us last weekend trying to decide which stroller we would get and what was in the budget for it!
Here’s the lowdown on the Spider! ( spider… okay, at least it doesn’t look like one)…
Revolutionary in design technology, the Spider is a remarkably innovative product offering all the benefits of a lightweight stroller with an incredibly compact fold for either transport or storage. Its extremely unique 3-wheel design supports a fashionable reclining seat with side protection. The Spider is also equipped with an adjustable handle, a fully protective hood and a basket for storage.
This looks alot more compact than my other stroller that I purchased from Baby Trend…that hardly fits in the boot of our car. I’ll be sure to let everyone know how I like it! So be sure to look back here for my review.
Over the weekend my husband, daughter, and I were keeping the roads hot. Saturday afternoon we headed to Powell’s in Portland for the Nanowrimo finishing party. My husband really enjoyed it as well as I… people mingled as well as read a short part of their stories! The stories were great, there a few that left me wondering what else happened! There was also an eight year girl there and she write very well for her age! It was quite inspiring and encouraging to be surrounded by so many creative people.
Powells… I think it’s my new favorite place! It is by far the largest book store that I’ve ever been to in my life! I only really browsed through one of their many floors! I can’t wait to go back! We were cut short on time because we were headed to Celtic Thunder!
Celtic Thunder was such a nice anniversary gift… it was so different than all the other concerts that I had been to before! I had only wished the group sang more Irish songs. I guess I got spoiled listening to the Celtic Music podcast! It was refreshing to say the least 🙂
My little girl has been needing Mommy a lot more now since she’s teething! I’m glad I can comfort her but that makes it hard to do lots of other things… but it’s okay, because she comes first. So, I’ll probably be reading more than anything else for now. That’s okay because I have about 5 books to read and review.
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Egg Nog I’m not a huge fan of, to me it taste like Bubble Gum. I love Hot Chocolate, especially the gourmet kind. My favorite is the mint chocolate kind!
2.Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?THe present get wrapped though next year since I am thinking green, they may come out Christmas Eve night and I’ll use those hundred of paper gift bags I’ve been saving!
3. Colored lights on house/tree or white?
I love the colored tree lights whether on the house or the tree! I am an artist so I have a fond appreciation for all the colors of the rainbow!
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
I never have no.. and I don’t think I’ve kissed my husband under it either!
5.When do you put your decorations up?
The week of Thanksgiving!
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
Excluding dessert?! That’s pretty hard since my Mom has passed some great recipes down to me to share with my family. I think it’d have to be the Brocoli Casserole an my Mom’s Cornbread dressing!
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child?
MY favorite? It’s really hard for me to choose just one because all of them were so special in their own way. I just love being close to my family, eating good food, and celebrating Christ’s birth together.
8.When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I can’t quite remember how old I was… it was always fun there after to see my dad dress up and pretend to be Santa for my younger sisters…hehe
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
Um.. if I can wait that long… I already gave my husband all his gifts because I just couldn’t wait… lol .. but yes, traditionally we can open gift on Christmas Eve.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? This year is our first Christmas tree so right now all we have on it is multi colored lights and red, gree, and silver balls. We will be collecting ornament after Christmas I am sure! That’s when they are all 75% off!
11. Snow. Love it or dread it?
I miss snow so much! There really is something magical about snow… I was missing it and suggested to my husband that we should move to Alaska… lol This is Oregon… not much snow here unless you are in the mountians.
12. Can you ice skate?
I have never tried to skate… I remember I had the chance to go and learn when I was like 8 but Mom and Dad thought I’d kill myself or something so I didnt’ get to… lol.. I’ll probaby do the samething with my daughter or I’ll just learn when she does… so we both can bust our bottoms!
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
My favorite gift..hmm… I think it had to be all the craft stuff I got.. it helped me to be a more creative person! I also liked my LOTR figurines… lol… THe ent was my favorite! Ents are sexy… lol
14. What is the most important thing about the holidays to you? Celebrating Jesus and family traditon… ( gah, this is making me miss my family in Georgia alot…)
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Congealed Salad or Pink Stuff as we would call it!
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? You know my husband and I need to start making ones of our own but for now it’s going around listening to X-mas music in the car and checking out everyone’s decoration a.k.a appreciating all their hardwork to fuel our tradition!
17. What tops your Christmas tree?
There’s nothing up there yet!
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving?
I like to see friends and families faces when they open gifts I have given them. I wouldn’t be honest if I said I didn’t like to receive too though!
19. What is your favorite Christmas song? Oh Come Oh Come Emmanuel
20. Candy Canes. Yum or Yuck?
Yum! And they have to be the original ones!
21. What do you want for Christmas?
I want everyone to be happy and healthy full of good cheer… and I want a Choco Cat wallet from the Sanrio store… lol .. I’m such a little kid!
22. Do you attend an annual Christmas party?
We have been attending the Homeschooler Christmas party! It’s alot of fun! Just try to imagine a place full of over 30 HS graduates!
23. Do you dress up for Christmas Eve or wear PJ’s?
We do dress up for our Christmas Eve Service at our church.
24. Do you own a Santa hat. I have a Gerogia Bulldogs one!
25. Who do you normally spend Christmas with?
I challenge whomever to fill this out and post it on their blog too!