Board games are going to be huge in our household for the children since Daddy (and mommy too) are always playing all sorts of games whether board, pen and paper, or on a digital device such as the computer or gaming console. And with that being said, I’ll note that I’ve been nothing but happy about the games that I have in my home by Learning Resources.The games offered at Learning Resources are very impressive and available in a wide variety of ages and grades! You’ll find games that feature numbers, colors, letters, matching, trivia, math, language skills, and more! They even have a line of games on USB sticks that you can plug straight into your computer! How neat is that?
Smart Snacks® Counting Cookies™ Game is the latest educational board game that I choose to be added to our library. My three year old daughter struggles a bit with numbers so I figured this game would make tackling that concept a little bit easier and it has not disappointed!
Thoughts by Daddy….
I played Counting Cookies with my 3yo daughter Melody and we both had a good time. While she is still learning the concepts of a ‘game,’ the taking of turns, rules, etc., she did catch on the to matching aspect of the game. She started picked the correct cookies to match the remaining empty spots on her cookie jar.
The game teaches matching, and counting, and the concepts of playing by rules of a game. The game itself is very simple, so the game play for an adult wont be very interesting (you’ll win every time if you don’t try to lose) but the real joy is in teaching your kids how to play.
The game is well made. The parts are nice and colorful and the spinner spins well and the board is sturdy. I think they will hold up well so long as they don’t get chewed on more than a little.
Overall thoughts by Mom…
I think Smart Snacks® Counting Cookies™ is totally worth the price of $16.99. It can be used through the span of age 3-5 and it’s great to sharpen those number sense, social, and comprehension skills before kindergarten! I really like the fact that there’s not only one way to play this game but two! How neat to bring the challenge up a level. This game is made for four players! I would recommend that to make this game work and fun to know you need to have a lot of patience with your child! We look forward to playing this game many more times in the future!
Buy it: You can purchase Smart Snacks® Counting Cookies™ directly off the Learning Resource website! And if you are interested in more titles you can find similar games by the same company at Amazon such as Smart Snacks Counting Cookies Jar Game, Smart Snacks Sorting Shapes Cupcakes, Smart Snacks Rainbow Color Cones, and Learning Resources – Smart Snacks Mix and Match Doughnuts just to name a few other fun titles!
Disclaimer: I was sent the mentioned product for review. This review is 100% my opinion and has not been edited or reviewed by anyone. I was not compensated in any other way for this product review.
- A Knifty Knitter loom which can be found in the Knifty Knitter Round Loom Set though you can also purchase it separately. I used the red loom for this tutorial.
- Any yarn works but I used one strand of Charisma Brown and the weight is 5.
I’ve also done it with 2 strands of thinner yarn.
- Knifty Knitter Hook tool
- Crochet Hook
- Plastic Needle or Metal Needle ( I prefer metal)
- Chain Cast On 10 pegs. You can use your knifty knitter or crochet hook. I find the crochet hook easier.
- E-wrap knit four rows onto the 10 casted pegs.
- Gather Bind Off. To do this, you’ll need to bring the first loop over to the second peg and knit over. Continue doing this with the remaining loops…2 over 3, 4 over 5, 6 over 7, 8 over 9, 9 over 10…
- Cut working yarn and leave a long enough tail to for sewing and pull that piece through the last remaining loop on the peg. This would be the 10th loop.
- Repeat step 1-4 and make another ear and sew the two wrong sides together! Or you can sew it differently together to get a different look.
- Repeat steps 1-5 two make one more ear!
- Attach both to any hat you desire!
- Take lots of picture of your completed work!
- Share this Tutorial with others via Twitter, Facebook, and more!
- Please feel free to post picture links to your “animal eared” projects!
Winner of the Milk Nursing Wear $60.00 Gift Certificate is #66 – Christina!
Congratulations! Please reply back to the email I send with your full name and address. NO PO Boxes allowed! Winners have 48 hrs to contact me or another winner will be chosen.