- A Knifty Knitter loom which can be found in the Knifty Knitter Round Loom Set though you can also purchase it separately. I used the red loom for this tutorial.
- Any yarn works but I used one strand of Charisma Brown and the weight is 5.
I’ve also done it with 2 strands of thinner yarn.
- Knifty Knitter Hook tool
- Crochet Hook
- Plastic Needle or Metal Needle ( I prefer metal)
- Chain Cast On 10 pegs. You can use your knifty knitter or crochet hook. I find the crochet hook easier.
- E-wrap knit four rows onto the 10 casted pegs.
- Gather Bind Off. To do this, you’ll need to bring the first loop over to the second peg and knit over. Continue doing this with the remaining loops…2 over 3, 4 over 5, 6 over 7, 8 over 9, 9 over 10…
- Cut working yarn and leave a long enough tail to for sewing and pull that piece through the last remaining loop on the peg. This would be the 10th loop.
- Repeat step 1-4 and make another ear and sew the two wrong sides together! Or you can sew it differently together to get a different look.
- Repeat steps 1-5 two make one more ear!
- Attach both to any hat you desire!
- Take lots of picture of your completed work!
- Share this Tutorial with others via Twitter, Facebook, and more!
- Please feel free to post picture links to your “animal eared” projects!