Scoop Free Ultra Self-Cleaning Litter Box review and giveaway
Being a stay at home/work at home mother and a pet owner to a sweet kitty, I’m always looking for anyway to utilize my time for the better. Imagine my luck when I was given the opportunity to review a self cleaning litter box for our kitten Miska from Scoop Free.
I’ve had a lot of experiences growing up with litter boxes, so I definitely know the good, bad, and ugly from having a one cat litter box to a box used by multiple cats. I often ponder why my parents never switched over to a self-cleaning box, it would have saved them the hassle of taking the time to clean out waste several times a day, among many other benefits that I’ll be pointing out.
Basically Scoop Free’s self cleaning litter box uses a raking system, which automatically disposes of whatever waste your cat has left behind into the included disposable litter tray. The disposable litter tray is made from heavy duty cardboard to prevent leaking. Each litter tray comes with Fresh Step® Crystal litter that absorbs urine virtually leaving no undesired odors behind.
The Scoop Free’s Ultra Self-Cleaning Litter Box has a rake delay timer that can run 5, 10, or even 20 minutes after you cat does their business depending on your personal preference. Also note that sensors automatically reset the 20-minute rake timer if your cat re-enters the litter box.
Scoop Free’s Ultra Self-Cleaning Litter Box has a health counter. This feature is helpful in tracking the frequency of your cats’ litter box usage to monitor their health. You can also keep an eye on this specific number to know when you probably should use a new tray and clean the box out.
My Personal Thoughts…
I’ve introduced my kitten Miska to the Scoop Free Ultra Self-Cleaning Litter Box about three weeks ago. At first, my kitten was hesitant about the litter box because of the noise and the movement it made. She’s pretty laid back so after about ten minutes and a few hisses at the rake, she took a good look around and did her business with no trouble at all. I also think the appreciates the privacy hood that came along with the litter box I was sent. The hood gives my cat the privacy she deserves from my ever curious toddler and keeps litter where it should.
I’m going to admit I’m a huge fan of not having to deal with the mess, the smell, and the ever existing undesirables that commonly come with regularly taking care of a non-self cleaning litter box. I recall growing up, cleaning the litter box and the smell of urine would be so strong that my eyes would burn and don’t even get me started on the dust filled litter that made me choke. I loved my cats but I definitely did not have the greatest times taking of their litter boxes.
- No More Hassle in cleaning thanks to the replacement trays!
- Has an optional privacy cover for your cat(s).
- It’s not noisy.
- Odor Free!
- The Health Counter feature is bonus!
- The refill trays can be expensive for those trying to save money, but note that if you have multiple cats, I would say spending the extra money is totally worth it. And if you don’t mind cleaning a tray out yourself I would recommend checking out the Forever Tray, which can be found on Amazon.com that I’ve heard about.
- I had trouble keeping the rake clean and the rake wasn’t catching all of my kittens poop but it shouldn’t have this issue with older cats. I read that kittens younger than six months commonly have this affect when using the Scoop Free, also they can go through the disposable trays faster when under six months. So I am thinking I may wait until my kitten is a little older before continuing use of this litter box.
- Personally for me, the litter box is pretty large.I have a toddler to think about so I the only room I can keep the box in with her getting to it is rather small and takes up about half the room in size.
If you’d like to purchase the Scoop Free Ultra Self-Cleaning Litter Box…
For only $99.99 you can get a ScoopFree self-cleaning litter box, a FREE FroliCat BOLT automatic laser toy, & FREE shipping from now until March 31st by following this link: http://www.scoopfree.com/promotion/?utm_source=Connected2Christ&utm_medium=Blog&utm_CatCallBolt
If you’d like to purchase the litter tray refills, Scoop Free is offering my readers a special value by following this link, http://www.scoopfree.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PDDS&Store_Code=S&Product_Code=SUB3
* 90-day money-back guarantee with prepaid shipping.
* One-year limited product warranty with prepaid shipping.
One lucky winner will receive a ScoopFree Ultra Self-Cleaning Litter Box. (Giveaway for 48 contiguous US States only). Retail Value of $179.95!
To Enter: Visit ScoopFree and let me know something you learned also let me know who would you like to win this for.
1. Add me to your blogroll or add my button.
2. Blog it, link back to this post. (2 extra)
3. Favorite my blog on Technorati
4. Subscribe by email/RSS. (2 extra)
5. Follow on Twitter @erinlowmaster & Tweet (daily entries available)
6. Email a friend about this giveaway. (Leave name of friend)
RT: @ScoopFree Ultra Self-Cleaning Litter Box Giveaway RTV 179.95 03/13 @erinlowmaster (add url)
This Giveaway is only open to U.S only.
Giveaway running till 03/13/10 . Winners will be notified shortly afterward by email. Please respond within 48 hours or you forfeit your prize to another participant.
Disclaimer: I was sent a Scoop Free Litter Box to review. This review is 100% my opinion and has not been edited or reviewed by anyone. I was not compensated in any other way for this product review.
Other Post You Might Enjoy
Trackback from your site.