Holiday Gift Guide: Gooseberry Patch: Christmas with Family & Friends Cookbook Review and $25 GC Giveaway
The History of Gooseberry Patch…
Gooseberry Patch was started 25 years ago in Delaware, Ohio by two moms, next door neighbors in fact, whom were looking for a way to do what they loved and stay home with the kids too.
Both sharing a love of home-cooking, vintage kitchenware & antiques and making memories with family & friends, after many a conversation over their backyard fence, Gooseberry Patch was born.
Goose Berry thus has grown into an amazing mail order company that spotlights many people who love cooking, decorating and creating!
I recall when I first received my very first Gooseberry Patch cookbook. My mother-in-law lovingly gifted me “Welcome Home For The Holidays” my second Christmas in being welcomed into their family. And now, thanks to the good people over at Gooseberry Patch, I’ll be sharing my thoughts on one of their newest holiday cookbooks called “Christmas with Family & Friends”.
- Over 200 recipes that are perfect for the holiday season!
- Many useful Holiday craft ideas and tips!
- An entire chapter dedicated to Homemade Memories!
- 224 pages
- A beautiful illustrations and a full color hard back cover
- It’s 9-1/4″ x 6-1/2″ which makes it perfect to display with most other cookbooks
- Chapters include Homemade Memories, Breakfast & Brunch with Friends, Home for Christmas Dinner, Festive Family Desserts & more…
I could not wait to make a recipe from “Christmas with Family & Friends and decided that since I have such a sweet tooth that I would start my search in the Cookies & Cocoa section. It didn’t take long before I decided to make the Gingerbread Men cookie recipe. I enjoy making Gingerbread during the Holiday season and have made this my families tradition.
I loved how my Gingerbread Men cookies turned out! The taste wasn’t too much and I loved the variation of using white sugar instead of the brown I usually use. This slight change made the flavor be subtle at first and then fills your taste buds with such flavorful delight. I had fun decorating my cookies with frosting and am looking forward to making this recipe again during this Holiday season!
Cookbooks are very special, as this sort of gift can be passed down to my children and my children’s children. It also is a gift the keeps on giving long after the Holidays are over! I am very grateful for the people over at Gooseberry Patch for putting together such a heartfelt cookbook to share with us.
Gooseberry Patch offers many types of gifts perfect for every member of the family, even the kids! Why not check them out this Holiday Season?
For the latest news and updates, you can follow Gooseberry Patch on Facebook! They often share great thoughts, recipes, special giveaways and more! You can also join their e-newsletter found on their website!
Win it: Gooseberry Patch has offered one of my readers a $25.00 Gift Card to spend at their store!
To Enter: Visit Gooseberry Patch and let me know another product that you might like or someone else you know!
1. Add me to your blogroll or add my button.
2. Follow Gooseberry Patch on Facebook
3. Blog it, link back to this post. (2 extra)
4. Favorite my blog on Technorati
5. Friend/Fan @ Facebook
6. Subscribe by email/RSS. (2 extra)
7. Sign up to win giveaways at Janet and Kristinia’s blogs..( let me know which ones)
8. Follow on Twitter @erinlowmaster & Tweet (daily entries available)
9. Email a friend about this giveaway. (Leave name of friend)
RT: Win a 25.00 Gift Certificate to Gooseberry Patch! 11/30@erinlowmaster (add url)
This Giveaway is only open to U.S and Canada
Giveaway running till 11/30/09 . Winners will be notified shortly afterward by email. Please respond within 48 hours or you forfeit your prize to another participant.
Disclaimer: I was sent a cookbook to review from Gooseberry Patch . This review is 100% my opinion and has not been edited or reviewed by anyone. I was not compensated in any other way for this product review.
More from my site
Trackback from your site.