Archive for September 6th, 2009
I don’t know why, but children shoes are one of my favorite necessities to shop for. Can you blame me? There’s such a vast selection of adorable styles out there! The question in my mind and most mothers is, “Which brand of shoes are the best for my child?”. Sure the shoes may look cute but are they comfortable, economically friendly, sustaining, and affordable?
I was given the opportunity to review a pair of shoes from Pedoodles. I choose the Sweet Lady Janes available in the “Next Step Collection”. The Next Step Collection line is created for older children, whom are already walking and running about. Pedoodles also offers a line of shoes for Pre-Walkers called “First Feet”, these are best for babies just starting to get on their feet.
The fun child like styles won me over but could this shoe stand up to the test? As soon as I received these shoes in the mail, my daughter has been wearing them.
- The shoes sole is soft and flexible, making them comfortable enough to wear indoors all day and durable enough for outdoors providing protection, durability, and traction.
- Being made from premium genuine leather, these shoes are easy to clean. Also, the breathable material helps to promote healthy conditions around developing feet.
- These shoes are easy to slip on and off, which my daughter loves. It makes her feel like such a big girl to know she was able to put her shoes on all by herself. Thought, this could present a problem to those whose children may want to take off their shoes.
- With the many different styles offered at Pedoodles you could mix and match in so many ways with your children’s seasonal attire. The Sweet Lady Janes go great with my daughter Sunday Church attire but also go very well with jeans and sweatshirt!
- Eco-friendly shoes with entirely recycled soles are available in the Pedoodles “Next Step Collection”! (Free of Lead, Antimony, Arsenic, Barium, Cadmium, Mercury, Selenium and harmful Amines.)
- Each pair of shoes comes in a recyclable or reusable tote bag or box!
After reviewing these shoes, I would recommend them highly! My daughter will be wearing her Sweet Lady Janes & Flower Power Shoes ( yes, we own two pair!) until she out grows them and another sibling can wear them.
I have peace in my mind knowing I can purchase another fun and sustainable pair, as sizes run all the way up to 3-4 years old!
I encourage you to check out Pedoodles and browse their fun selction of shoes. Don’t forget to check out their groovy hats and fun matching t-shirts! While you are there why not print out a coloring sheet or two for the children in your life.
* Add me to your blogroll or add my button.(2 extra)
* Blog it, link back to this post. (2 extra)
* Favorite my blog on Technorati (2 extra)
* Follow on Twitter @erinlowmaster & Tweet
* Friend/Fan @ Facebook
* Subscribe by email/RSS.
Non, bloggers & bloggers alike…
* Email a friend. (Leave name of friend)
Win A Pair of Shoes from Pedoodles (sizes 0- 3-4 years old) http://connected2christ.com/2009/09/pedoodles-review-and-giveaway/
This contest will run until September 30th 2009. If a winner fails to reply within 48 hrs, a new winner will be chosen. US & Canada, No PO Boxes, please. Thank you.
Fall is right around the corner and that means it’s time to shop for a fun new wardrobe for your kids. I love the fall as it’s filled with such warm rich colors of yellows, oranges, browns, reds, and the like. When I happened across an etsy store called Polka Dot Monkey, a store designated to wow you with its creatively cute personalized tees and onesies, I was thrilled to see an available fun fall themed collection already ripe for the picking!
Polka Dot Monkey has a great selection of Tee and Onesies, which are all available to be customized to your liking! The possibilities are endless as you can add your child’s name, a number, or even a special word.
I love the different designs that can be found from tractors, dump trucks, cupcakes, turkeys, apples, pumpkins and more!
I contacted store owner Cindy, stay at home mom of two boys and she was kind enough to answer a few of my review questions about herself and her great shop!
1. Why did you decide to start doing this on etsy and how long have you been? I love creating for other people, and this was a way I could do that for more people than just my friends and family. I’ve been on Etsy since January 2009.
2. What do you enjoy the most when creating your products? Being able to make something that’s just that perfect item that someone’s been looking for.
3. Apart from creating things, what do you do? I’m a full time mommmy to my two boys, and I love every minute of it!
4. What inspires you? My two boys, Hayden (3) and Gabriel (1). They are the reason I created the dump truck and tractor shirt, which were the first ones I ever made.
5. In five years you’d like to be…? Hmmm… that’s a good question! I’m very content with where I am now, so I’m not sure what I would change!
My Overall Thoughts:
Cindy was generous enough to send me one of her shirts to review!
It was a hard choice in choosing a shirt but I finally decided upon the Lady Bug Love Tee!
I ordered it a little big so my daughter would be able to wear this now as well as next spring!
When I received the shirt in the mail, I was quite impressed with it’s packaging and opened it immediately to study the handiwork.
Cindy’s shirts are very durable, each piece of fabric is hand cut and fused to the shirt or onesie, then a zig-zag stitches added around the edges for durability. I love how much care she puts into these shirts! I’ve received other shirts that sort of looked like this and they ended up fraying in over two weeks time after washing.
I love all the little detail added, from the wings covering the body of the lady bug to the heart added to the back for finishing touch. Note that the heart is added for girls and a star is added on the back for boys!
Buy it: The Polka Dot Monkey shirts and onesie are $18.00 and would make great gifts for the children in your life. Sizes range from newborn to 5 to 6 years old, depending on whether your purchase a shirt or onesie. I also wanted to mention that Baby Memory Books are also available for purchase.