A month before the party
- Create a guest list.
- Choose a date for the party. Choose a time convenient for your invited guests.
- Choose a starting and ending time.
- Pick a theme for your party.
- Choose appropriate invitations for your party theme. ( I used Face book)
- Schedule a professional photographer. (optional) I am professional! lol
Two to three weeks before party
- Write and mail your invitations with a self address stamped envelope for your guests to reply. (Facebook)
- Plan the party games and activities. (best done in the theme of the event) She’s one… we are just going to hangout.
- Purchase your party supplies. ( Husband and I headed to Party City)
- Order the birthday cake. (unless you are making it yourself)We ordered 2!
- Plan the menu.( Just cake and ice cream)
- Arrange help for party, if needed. Family and friends always make great help!
- Order helium balloons. (optional) I’m sure we are going to pick some up when we get the cake.
The week before the party
- Ensure you have plenty of film and batteries for the camera.
- Ensure their is tapes and batteries for the camcorder.
- Purchase the food for the menus.(Cake, Ice Cream, and Soda)
- Purchase birthday candles for the cake, if you are making the cake yourself.
- Child proof the party area. (It’s safe)
- Get your present for your baby’s first birthday!(She’s got lots of things)
- Confirm the live impersonator/entertainer. (optional)
- Confirm the professional photographer. (optional)
The day before the party
- Decorate for the party. ( We are doing this the day of..1 hour before… lol)
- Pick up (or bake) the birthday cake.( Costco and Albertsons)
- Prepare foods and salads that can be prepared the day ahead.
- Make sure any rechargable batteries are charged.
- Make sure you have matches for the candle.
The day of the party
- Place balloons outside the home to mark your location for guests.
- Prepare any last minute foods.
- Place the candles on the cake.
- Make sure film and batteries are in the camera and camcorder.
- Place candles on cake.
- Enjoy your little one’s first birthday!
That seems like such a huge deal! But hey the babies only turn once and the great thing is, we made it 🙂
More from my site
Trackback from your site.